'Tis a Pirates life for Thing 2. Always an avid fan of pirates, Thing 2 was ecstatic when the Pirates of the Caribbean series came out. She says she initially went to see Orlando Bloom, who had just finished a run as Legolas in Lord of the Rings. When Captain Jack made his entrance on the sinking boat (try calling that a ship), she was forevermore a Johnny Depp fan. Thing 2's love interest is convinced she has a crush/obsession with Johnny Depp. He just doesn't get it! Thing 2 was born a pirate. An anti-establishment rock star in her own mind when she hit the ground. Just as Thing 1 emerged kicking and screaming, Thing 2 has been dancing to the music in her head and I'm pretty sure the song goes something like,"yo-ho,yo-ho, a pirate's life for me."
We played hookie on May 25 to see a daytime screening of Pirates 3. Papa Bear was not amused,but we sure had fun. I explained to Thing 2 that when I was, well, younger, my mom would let me skip a day of school, she would take a day off work and we would go downtown for shopping, lunch and the 4 hour epic "Gone With the Wind". Mom and I always cried our way through the film, the went home refreshed and sure that we would never hungry again. Maybe that's why I was ok with Thing 2 convincing me to take a day and play.
I won't give away any of the movie, other than if you are a pirate history buff, Bruckheimer, et al. got it right.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment